Open 7 days a week, 24Hrs: 847-249-4433
At Lakeland Larsen Elevator, we believe the building owner is entitled to stewardship, and should receive an elevator that is not only functional, but fully maintainable for many years. Our goal is to install elevator equipment that is:
- Universally maintainable.
- A proprietary tool shall not be required for adjustment or maintenance.
- Diagnostics shall be built in.
- Parts shall be available.
- Manuals and drawings shall be provided.
- Technical training shall be available.
- Engineering and technical support shall be available.
- The control manufacturer shall provide direct support to the end user.
A quality installation translates into savings to the building owner. Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s), build elevator control systems that can only be accessed by using a special electronic service tool. These tools utilize patented or copyrighted proprietary software to communicate with the elevator’s computer. When this proprietary software and equipment is installed, the building owner is limited to the elevator company that installed it. The Original Equipment Manufacturer retains ownership of the service tool and essentially maintains ownership of the elevator equipment. This makes it very difficult for the property owner to control maintenance and service costs.
Lakeland Larsen Elevator installs equipment that imposes no restraints on the ability to service and maintain elevator controls systems. All products are non-proprietary, complete with comprehensive on board diagnostics, which require no special service tools. Once installed, any reputable elevator technician can appropriately maintain this equipment.